Tour Information & Registration
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN JUNE 1st
October 8, 2022
- Early registration $75 (100 mile -OR- 63 mile)
June 1 – September 3 (Until Midnight EST)
- Late registration: $90
September 4 – 30 (contingent if capacity reached)
- 5,000 cyclists capacity*
- Registration packets mailed August 1st -September 30th
- No on-site Registration
- No Refunds
*includes registration for both routes, 100 mile and 63 mile
Registration includes: Tour De Shore Reception; Bib Number; Bike/Helmet Numbers; Long Sleeve Rider T-Shirt; Map/Cue Sheet and Rider Information Sheet; SAG Service; On-Site Bike Tech and First Aid; Refreshments At Rest Stops; Post Ride Lawn Party.
Additional maps/cue sheets can be picked up at the Information Desk in Maggs Gym.
More about the tour…
Sea Gull Century, a nationally acclaimed bicycling event, beginning and ending on the campus of Salisbury University, tours the picturesque Eastern Shore of Maryland and offers two routes:
- 100 Mile Route (to ASSATEAGUE STATE PARK)
- 63 Mile Route (to CYPRESS PARK)
Salisbury University Scholarships & Grants: A portion of proceeds over and above Century rides expenses go toward scholarships and grants at Salisbury University. Annually, Sea Gull Century awards 10 scholarships and 10 faculty grants. See your registration form to make a donation.
Local Non-Profits: Each year, Sea Gull Century proceeds benefit dozens of non-profit organizations, such as the Delmarva Discovery Center, Children’s Literature Festival, local fire departments/EMS, Women Supporting Women, American Red Cross, Big Brothers Big Sisters and Relay For Life.
Information Table is located in Maggs Gym main lobby:
- Friday 3 – 8 p.m.
- Saturday 7 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
There is no rain date; we ride rain or shine.
In case of severe weather; Salisbury University campus closure; or restrictions mandated by local, state or federal government agencies, SGC reserves the right to cancel/alter/modify the tour for safety and concerns.
In any case, we do not refund tour entry fees or transfer registrations to another tour year. In the unlikely case a tour is canceled, you may claim your registration fee as a tax-deducible donation.
Start and Finish Information
- Located on the east side of campus near the corner of Bateman and Wayne streets.
- Start between 7-9 a.m. for the 100 mile tour
- Start between 10-11 a.m. for the 63 mile tour
- Return by 5:30 p.m. when route services end.
- After 5 p.m., please dismount and walk your bike through the tunnel to main campus.
- Finish line is in Red Square, the center of SU campus.
Safety Rules and Guidelines
Obey all traffic laws, including Maryland bicycle laws and Sea Gull Century rules. Helmets are required. More comprehensive safety guidelines are provided in the registration packet.
All safety mandates from local and state government agencies will be followed at the time of the event.
First Aid/Emergency Needs
Available in mobile units along the route and at rest stops. Please carry your cellular phone in a waterproof cover.
Stationed at each rest stop for ride support. Please, tune bike prior to tour.
Photo proof emailed to each in-person registered participant. Cyclist may contact MarathonFoto at 1-800-247-3435 for more information.
Please, plan ahead for parking – look for Recommended Parking Map online and in registration packet. No over-night parking available at SU.
100 Mile Century Tour:
- Sturgis Park (7:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- Newark Park (8:30 am – 1:00 pm)
- Assateague State Park, Sponsored by SYSCO (9:30 am – 2:30 pm)
- Powellville VFW, Sponsored by PERDUE (10:00 am – 4:00 pm)
63 Mile Tour/Metric Century:
- Washington High School (7:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- Cypress Park (8:30 am – 1:30 pm)
Maggs Gym – Expo Area:
Friday 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Shop vendor and Sea Gull Century gear.
- Pick up long sleeve event t-shirt.