- $75 Virtual Ride, to be completed October 3-9, 2021 (100 mile -OR- 63 mile, distance can be decided at a later date)
- Registration includes: Bib Number; Long Sleeve Rider T-Shirt; Sea Gull Century Online Store Coupon; Access To Virtual Ride Web Pages (Meet Ups Forum, Virtual Marketplace & More.)
- Registration packet mailings begin October (US addresses and APO’s only)
- No Refunds
- Salisbury University Scholarships & Grants: A portion of proceeds over and above Century rides and expenses go toward scholarships and grants at Salisbury University. Annually, Sea Gull Century awards 10 scholarships and 10 faculty grants. See your registration form to make a donation.
- Local Non-Profits: Each year, Sea Gull Century proceeds benefit dozens of non-profit organizations, such as the Delmarva Discovery Center, Children’s Literature Festival, local fire departments/EMS, Women Supporting Women, American Red Cross, Big Brothers Big Sisters and Relay For Life.
Virtual Ride FAQ’S
Do I have to choose my tour when registrating?
Cyclists will choose whether they are completing the 100-mile tour (Traditional Century) or the 63-mile tour (Metric Century) upon planning their ride.
Where can I ride?
Cyclists map their own safe routes – OUTDOORS, INDOORS, OR BOTH.
Outdoors-in your own community, while vacationing, visiting family, overseas, etc.
Indoors-in your own home or at the gym.
Both-if you have access to an indoor cycle & outdoor cycle, you can log miles on both and combine for a total of 63 or 100 miles.
The routes must be that of the cyclist – NOT official SGC routes.
When do I complete my ride?
Technically, cyclists may begin riding, once the registration packet is received. However, we are encouraging ALL cyclists complete their rides October 3-9th. These dates coincide with our in-person option.
Rides can be completed in one day OR over the course of multiple days.
Please note, on October 9th – only In-Person Registered Cylists will be able to ride the official In-Person SGC 2021 Routes.
Those without official In-Person SGC 2021 Rider Bibs or no rider bib at all – will not have access to the Official Routes, Rest Stops, SAG services, etc. Law Enforcement will be stationed along these routes for in-person registered rider safety.
How do I log my ride/mileage?
Cyclists may utilize any app/program they like to log their miles. Here are a few popular examples: Strava, Zwift, Ride With GPS, Map My Ride, etc. Some of these have meet-up options of their own. However, the SGC Virtual Ride Pages will also have it’s own Meet-Ups Forum.
Do I send you my ride log/mileage?
All cyclists should share ride progress and completion via social media with route/GPS-app uploads, videos, and/or photos.
Please, hashtag us: #SGC2021 #seagullcentury2021
What are the Virtual Ride Pages?
Each cyclist registered with the virtual ride option will receive access to private content, for virtual riders only. Some of this content will include: Rider Resources, Meet Up-Forum, Virtual Marketplace, & more.