IN-PERSON RIDE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
2021 IN-PERSON EVENT:
- $75 In-Person Ride, October 9, 2021 (100 mile -OR- 63 mile)
- Early registration June 1 – September 3 (Until Midnight EST)
- Late registration: $90, September 4 – 30 (date could change if capacity reached)
- The In-Person event will have 4,000 rider limit. This includes registration for both routes, the 100 mile and the 63 mile.
- Registration includes: Tour De Shore Reception; Bib Number; Bike/Helmet Numbers; Long Sleeve Rider T-Shirt; Map/Cue Sheet (for registered route*) and Rider Information Sheet; SAG Service; On-Site Bike Tech and First Aid; Refreshments At Rest Stops; Post Ride Lawn Party.
- Registration packet mailings begin in July
- No Saturday Registration
- No Refunds
*additional maps/cue sheets can be picked up at the Information Desk, October 8th (3-8pm) & 9th (7am-6pm,) at the Maggs Center Expo.
More about the In-Person 2021 Event…
Sea Gull Century, a nationally acclaimed bicycling event, beginning and ending on the campus of Salisbury University, tours the picturesque Eastern Shore of Maryland and offers two routes:
- 100 Mile Route (to ASSATEAGUE STATE PARK)
- 63 Mile Route (to CYPRESS PARK)
Salisbury University Scholarships & Grants: A portion of proceeds over and above Century rides expenses go toward scholarships and grants at Salisbury University. Annually, Sea Gull Century awards 10 scholarships and 10 faculty grants. See your registration form to make a donation.
Local Non-Profits: Each year, Sea Gull Century proceeds benefit dozens of non-profit organizations, such as the Delmarva Discovery Center, Children’s Literature Festival, local fire departments/EMS, Women Supporting Women, American Red Cross, Big Brothers Big Sisters and Relay For Life.
Information Table: Located in Maggs Center main lobby Friday, 3-8 p.m., and Saturday,
7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
There is no rain date; we ride rain or shine.
In case of severe weather; Salisbury University campus closure; or restrictions mandated by local, state or federal government agencies, SGC reserves the right to cancel/alter/modify the tour for safety and concerns.
In any case, we do not refund tour entry fees or transfer registrations to another tour year. In the unlikely case a tour is canceled, you may claim your registration fee as a tax-deducible donation.
Start and Finish Information
- Located on the east side of campus near the corner of Bateman and Wayne streets.
- Staggered start between 7-9 a.m.
- First Heat: 7:00 am – 7:45 am (elite, faster and/or lead cyclists)
- Second Heat: 7:50 am – 8:45 am (beginner, average, and/or leisure cyclists)
- Return by 5:30 p.m. when route services end.
- After 5 p.m., please dismount and walk your bike through the tunnel to main campus.
Safety Rules and Guidelines
Obey all traffic laws, including Maryland bicycle laws and Sea Gull Century rules. Helmets are required. More comprehensive safety guidelines are provided in the registration packet.
To mitigate any substantial over-crowding, each tour ride will have separate rest stop locations. Rest stop food offerings will be primarily prepackaged. Hand sanitizer will be available at all rest stops, as well as on campus. Most of our event offerings will be held outdoors, with the exception of our Maggs Vendor Expo.Finally, all safety mandates from local, state or federal government agencies at the time of the event will be followed.
First Aid/Emergency Needs
Available in mobile units along the route and at rest stops. Please carry your cellular phone in a waterproof cover.
Stationed at each rest stop for ride support. Please, tune bike prior to ride!
Photo proof emailed to each in-person registered participant. Cyclist may contact MarathonFoto at 1-800-247-3435 for more information.
Please, plan ahead for parking – look for Recommended Parking Map online and in registration packet. No over-night parking available at SU.
100 Mile Century Tour:
- Sturgis Park (7:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- Newark Park (8:30 am – 1:00 pm)
- Assateague State Park, Sponsored by SYSCO (9:30 am – 2:30 pm)
- Powellville VFW, Sponsored by PERDUE (10:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Rest Stop Offerings :
Sturgis Park (Mile 22.5:) Water, Gatorade, Bananas, Oranges, Bagels with Condiments, Fig Newtons.
Newark Park (Mile 44.3:) Water Stop ONLY
Assateague State Park (Mile 61.7:) Water, Gatorade, Bananas, Fruit Snack Packets, Fig Newtons, Granola Bars, Pretzels, Trail Mix, Smucker’s Uncrustables.
Powellville VFW (Mile 84.1:) Water, Gatorade, Bananas, Raisins, Pretzels, Peanuts, Bob’s Pickle Pops.
63 Mile Tour/Metric Century:
- Washington High School (7:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- Cypress Park (8:30 am – 1:30 pm)
Rest Stop Offerings :
Washington High School (Mile 18.7:) Water, Gatorade, Bananas, Oranges, Bagels with Condiments, Granola Bars.
Cypress Park (Mile 40.2:) Water, Gatorade, Bananas, Fruit Snack Packets, Pretzels, Smucker’s Uncrustables.
Route Maps/Cue Sheets will be mailed in registration packets, as well as be available at the Information Desk on Friday, October 8th & Saturday, October 9th (before the ride.)
Ride With GPS links provided to only in-person registrants upon request.
Sea Gull Century Events:
- Friday, Complimentary Outside “Tour of The Shore” Reception (Outside) 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Saturday, Lawn Party (Live Music/Finish Line Photo/Post Ride Treat:) 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Maggs Center Expo:
Friday 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Shop vendor and Sea Gull Century gear.
- Pick up long sleeve event t-shirt.