Sea Gull Century is a nationally acclaimed bicycling event, beginning and ending on the campus of Salisbury University. SGC has two routes: the Assateague Century (100 miles) and Princess Anne/Pocomoke Metric (63 miles.) Each route tours the picturesque Eastern Shore of Maryland.
A Little Bit About Our History…
Starting and ending at Salisbury University, the Sea Gull Century began in 1988, when a group of 68 cycling enthusiasts banded together to develop a 100-mile century ride. Now, riders come in the thousands—some of them year after year—because of the terrain, the challenge, the food, the entertainment, the chance to explore a new area and the hundreds of friendly volunteers who make the Sea Gull Century happen.
Please, check out our photo gallery of past SGC events (click here.)
- Our oldest rider in 2021 was 99 years old and rode the 100 mi.
- One of our youngest cyclists was 10 years old.
- We typically supply 3,384 gallons in liquid concentrate Gatorade.
- We have over 150 student volunteers & 45 law enforcement personnel.
- We support student organizations, athletic teams, academic departments & local non-profits.
- We award Student Scholarships & Faculty Grants.
- We award Allocations for campus enhancements.